Freelance Children’s Drama Tutor
Purpose of Post
Blackheath Conservatoire are looking for an enthusiastic and committed drama tutor to teach four classes a week for young learners. Would you enjoy supporting our creative learning?
We run a wide-ranging and exciting programme for all ages during term time, as well as bespoke holiday programmes. We are recruiting for a drama teacher who can teach our youngest age groups; 18 months up to 7 years old. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, creative, and reliable.
The Conservatoire in Blackheath was established in 1881, originally as the Blackheath Conservatoire of Music, and is the focus of arts education and events in South East London, providing exceptional lifelong learning. It is a charity offering group classes and individual tuition in music, art and drama, catering for all ages, welcoming over 2000 learners a week.
- A drama - based honours degree, equivalent qualification and/or experience of teaching children and young people.
- A current DBS certificate issued withing the last 3 years or be willing to undertake one.
- Availability on all the dates and times stated.
- Term: Freelance position.
- Pay rate: £31.50 per hour.
- The days and times of the classes are as follows: Wednesday 4pm-6pm, and Thursday 3:45pm-5:15pm during termtime (please see our website for term dates) with a week off at half-term. Start date: 10th January 2024.
- Deadline for applications: December 22nd.
- Interviews will take place during week beginning Monday 1st January.
How to apply
Please send CV (including the names of two references) and covering letter outlining how your skill and experience are suitable for this role to; Programme Manager Katherine Stevens on firstname.lastname@example.org, and Artistic Director Mairéad Sheerin on email@example.com
Click to download our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form